Sunday, October 23, 2011

RJJ meets JR and JRJ

Rae Jean (left) and me before Pink Impact 2012
My girlfriend, Rae Jean Johnson, visits Gateway Church's North Richland Hills campus regularly with me and my husband, Gary. She's very fun and outgoing. The three of us went to Pastor Zach Neese's CD release party in mid-September. After saving our seats, Rae Jean and I headed for Grounded, the coffee bar. As we were ordering, she asked the young man at the cash register, "What's your name?"

"J.R.," he said.

"Well, I'm R.J.!" she replied.

As we waited for our drinks, an attractive redhead caught my attention. She had on a black headband, and her hair was backcombed at the crown for an edgy look that accented her pretty features. I approached her and said, "I like your hair."

"Thank you," she said. "I'm a hairdresser." We chatted about back-combing, her salon, and things in general.

Finally, right on cue, Rae Jean said, "What's your name?"

"Jeanna," said the redhead (it sounded like "Gina"). "Actually, it's Jeanna Rae."

"Oh! I'm Rae Jean," said my pal. We all had a great laugh. "Give me one of your cards, and maybe I'll come see you."

"I have one at my seat," said Jeanna. "I'll give you one when we get back inside."

In the auditorium, I looked down the row and saw Jeanna, so I went over to get a business card. Was I ever surprised when I looked at it and saw that her last name is Johnson! "God has a sense of humor," I told Rae Jean when I got back to my seat. "Rae Jean Johnson, meet Jeanna Rae Johnson."

No comments:

Post a Comment